PRENATAL CAPSULES - 60
- Specific pregnancy multivitamin after every bariatric surgery
- From pregnancy wish until end of breastfeeding
- A unique blend of 13 vitamins and 7 minerals in in easily absorbed, active forms: according to the European guidelines*
Bariatric Advantage® Prenatal is a nutritional supplement specially formulated to meet your nutritional needs after bariatric surgery, from pregnancy wish until end of breastfeeding.
A specific pregnancy multivitamin AFTER bariatric surgery
- All essential vitamins and minerals
- High dose of B vitamins and B6, B9, B12 in active form
- Rich in folate (Metafolin®), the active form of folic acid
- Easily absorbable minerals: bisglycinates (chelates) and citrates.
- Lactose, soy and gluten free
Metafolin® is the active form of folic acid and is a highly absorbable folate. The human body is unable to produce folic acid or its active metabolic derivatives. Folic acid needs to be provided through your diet or a nutritional supplement. As it takes time to replenish folate reserves, it’s important to have additional folate intake, as soon as you wish to become pregnant. Metafolin® is an organically active ingredient which, unlike synthetic folic acid, doesn't to be processed in the body before the cells can use it.
Use: 2 capsules per day (preferably 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner). Bariatric Advantage® Prenatal is recommended for the whole period: from pregnancy wish throughout the whole pregnancy and even until you stop breastfeeding.
*Pregnancy after bariatric surgery: Consensus recommendations for periconception, antenatal and postnatal care
It’s recommended to take additional calcium citrate alongside Bariatric Advantage® Multi. An additional 1200 mg, and preferably 1500 mg of calcium (3 chewable tablets), per day is recommended for maintaining strong bones and teeth.
Bariatric Advantage® Prenatal is recommended for the whole period: from pregnancy wish throughout the whole pregnancy and even until you stop breastfeeding.
The daily dose recommendations* for pregnancy supplementation after a bariatric intervention is 1200-1500 mg calcium in divided doses (= 2-3 chewables/day in between meals). Bariatric Advantage® Prenatal doesn’t contain calcium, because it doesn’t fit...
The 2 capsules can be taken with every meal of the day. You can take them together in one meal or you take 1 capsule with breakfast, lunch or dinner.